Bangladesh Citizen Travel Grant
The American Institute of Bangladesh Studies (AIBS) can award funding for international conference travel to the US for Bangladeshi scholars to present/lecture or to organize a panel that includes topics relevant to Bangladesh Studies at a scholarly conference. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Government of Bangladesh is the funding source for these awards.
- Awards are up to $3750 for travel to the United States which includes travel insurance purchased by the AIBS office for the traveler
- Travel award will be paid in a lump sum
- Travel must be completed no later than June 30, 2017
- $200 will be withheld from the award until a final report is received
- Each applicant is responsible for his/her own visa to the US. If an awardee is unsuccessful at obtaining a visa, the awardee is responsible for the cost incurred. If an awardee has received disbursement of funds and unable to travel for any reason (even after a visa is obtained), the awardee must return the award disbursement in full.
Eligibility and Criteria:
- Must be a Bangladeshi citizen
- Must be a PhD candidate or faculty member at an AIBS partner university in Bangladesh (click here to see the list of partner universities)
- Travel awards are capped to one per person per year
- Ongoing application process; travel awards are provided on a first come, first serve basis
- Please submit applications as soon as possible, preferably 60 - 90 days prior to travel. Due to the amount of time needed for processing, applications submitted within 1 month of travel may not be considered for funding.
A complete application for this travel grant consists of the following:
- Online form completed successfully
- E-mail or PDF evidence of your paper having been accepted from the conference or organization
- Letter of support from a faculty advisor (graduate students only)
Evidence of paper acceptance and the letter of support (if applicable) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: Send an email requesting a link to the application to email@example.com
*Please note that you must complete and submit the application in one sitting. You may want to review the questions on the application and prepare your answers in advance prior to submitting.